Learn about the bats living under the Congress Avenue Bridge in Austin, Texas
Church of the Resurrection
This Church is separated from the Church of the Savior-on-High by a narrow corridor which is on the same level with that of the north side. Its five domes, that of the Catherdal of the Savior-on-High and the five of the Church of the Crucifixion are all elevated on common roof.
The barrel vaults of the domes, their crosses and their cornices in blue pottery were executed by Ossip Startsov, according to the designs of the celebrated sculptor-engraver of the 17th century, the monk Hippolyte.
A gallery of the Church
The Church has two rows of windows superimposed, has galleries and a magnificent iconstasis in the Baroque style of the 18th century, with icons by Popyelov. An ancient silver chandelier, a gift from King Charles XI of Sweden to Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich, is hung in the middle of the Church. The figures in relief on the chandelier represent the parable of the betrothed and the ten virgins.
Interior of the Church of the Resurrection of the Savior
This church was rebuilt under Fyodor Alexeievich in 1681 on the place where it has been consecrated in 1627 to St. Eudoxia, in honor of Tsarina Eudoxia Lukyanovna Stryechnyev, second wife of Tsar Mikhail Fyodorovich.