Learn about the bats living under the Congress Avenue Bridge in Austin, Texas
A Boule armoire. On top of the armoire, an ancient clock, very valuable, by Johann Beeraellter of Ulm. The small clock hand is in the shape of a turtle, the large hand is a small snake.
The Silver Drawing Room:
The mirrors, chandeliers, tables and the fireplace screen are all made of oxidized silver, which gives this room the name "Silver Drawing Room". The table and chandeliers are in the Louis XVI style. On the walls are four magnificent Gobelins tapestries, made by Cozette in 1756, depicting scenes from Don Quixote (below).
On a bronze pedestal is a model of the monument of the Thousand Year Millenium of Russia, erected in Novgorod in 1862. On the white marble fireplace mantle is a Boule clock.
Marble tables in the Pompeian style. Fine sepia copies by Zeidelmann, the same size as the originals:
- No. 268: Correggio: Adoration of the Magi. Original in Dresden.
- No. 274: Raphael: The Sistine Madonna. Extremely accurate copy. Original in Dresden.
- No. 269: Corregio: Madonna. Original in the Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg.
- No. 170: Carlo Dolce: Woman with a basket. Original in the Hermitage.
- No. 171 & 172: Carlo Dolce: Saint Cecilia. Original in the Hermitage.
- No. 273: Rembrandt: Holy Family. Original in the Hermitage.