Learn more about Pallasart Web Design's Creative Talent - Meet Our Team of Programmers and Designers
St. Catherine Church
The Church of St. Catherine the Martyr, called "on the Stair Landing of the Tsarina"
This church is found under the Church of the Resurrection.
It was built in 1627 by the architect John Taller, on the foundation of a wooden church which had burned.
In the 17th century, it was the personal church of the Tsarinas and Tsarevnas.
It lead by wooden passageways to their apartments, located north of the Palace of the Terems.