The coat of arms of Alexandria as it appears on porcelain from the Cottage
above: pieces from His Majesty's Own Service from the Cottage
Palace in the Alexandra Park at Peterhof: glassware, silver and porcelain.
HIS MAJESTY'S OWN SERVICE IN THE COTTAGE PALACE 1827-1829
Intended for the Cottage Palace in the Alexandria Park at Peterhof.
All pieces are decoarted with the coat of arms of Alexandria, which was created
by the poet Vasilli Andreevich Zhukovsky, the tutor of Alexander Nikolaevich (the
future Alexander II): a gold sword on a blue shield placed through a wreath of
white roses with the motto "For Faith, Czar, and Fatherland."
The service includes dinner, dessert, and tea sets, amd also crystal which
was produced at the Imperial Glasss Factory in St. Petersburg. The service originally
included 530 pieces, and in 1835 its size was doubled. Additions were produced
until the begining of the twentieth century.
above: the Cottage Palace in Alexandra/Peterhof.
Coat of arms of Alexandria as it appears on crystal
from the Cottage Palace.